Catering!

10:37 Posted In , , , , Edit This 10 Comments »
Hellooooo!!

Sorry for the lack of communication these days, my family and I are going through a very rough patch due to a devastating happening and would appreciate any positive vibes sent! :)

Meanwhile, I am still getting on with life! ;) And recently I catered some raw finger food and green juice for the opening of my friend's yoga centre! Yay! :D
The event was on Sunday, and I only got told 3 days before on Friday so a simple menu was in order! :)

The menu was:
- Marinated Veggie Boats with a raw peanut sauce (lettuce boats with spiralized beetroot topped with marinated veggies drizzled with a raw peanut sauce)
- Spring Onion Cream Cheese Dip
- Sun-dried Tomato & Coriander Humous Dip
- Hot Onion Carrot Crackers for dipping
- Chopped veggies (courgette, bell pepper, celery) for dipping
- Green juice (see 'unexpected twist 2) below!;)

It went so surprisingly well! :D I was so nervous but everyone was coming up and complimenting me and asking me if I sell my food or if I could cater for them or where they can order it! XD Wooo! :D:D I met some lovely people there, too!

2 things unexpected twists happened while making the food!:
1) I was looking for some red bell pepper to put in the cracker batter and I found a long red one! Yay! I sliced it ALL in but then my hands started burning!!!! Ahhhh, it was a jalapeno pepper! Of course with a WHOLE red one in there it would have been too spicy for even any 'expert' hot pepper eater! XD So I picked out most of the slices but it left a reaaally nice background "kick" in the flavor!
2) I was planning to make my 'Thai Green juice', made of spinach, coriander, apple and pineapple. But as I had only 3 days to plan everything, on the Sunday market (I wanted to get the juice ingredients as fresh as poss) but there was noooooo pineapple to be seen! So I had to find a replacement quick! Peaches, figs, nectarines apricots and all the season fruit the like does not juice well - so, I was left with... melons! I choose the yellow Canary melon and the Tiger melon (I think there called that, anyways :) and it went PERFECTLY! :D I liked it even better than the pineapple one!!! Yum, my new fav juice! :D



Raw peanut sauce (almond butter, garlic, ginger, lime juice, agave/dates/maple syrup, sea salt, curcuma) before the curcuma was added! Possibly the best sauce ever according to my mum! ;)



Sun-dried tomato Humous in the making! :D




With crackers to dip!


the Cracker batter!





Marinated veggies for the veggie boats!! :D




Spiralised beetroot mixed with poppy seeds for the veggie boats!





Green juice!

***************

Random pics that I took from one of my latest walks along the lake!
The sky was sooooooooooooo beautifull!!!!!!":D:D





10 comments:

Roselie said...

all looks soo yummy...wish I 'd been there! positive thoughts on the way...

ajchanter said...

Thank you so much! AJ xxx

Elizabeth said...

Just found your blog.
You are so talented..what a gift!
Peace and Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Felic Pear said...

The food looks so good :)

Gabriele Agustini said...

This is my first visit to your blog, but it won't be my last! I'm a "Follower" now!
Great job!!
Thanks for sharing,
gabriele

amy said...

UM HELLO NEW FAVOURITE BLOG.

so glad I found your website :D

Have a great week,

-Amy

Anonymous said...

Great to see you again in India, fantastic blog. I am very hungry now and will make some hummous tomorrow.Will be visiting for further inspiration - e x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

masak air yuk

Anneke Sergio said...

Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.